Dec. 15, 2013



Day 2 of the NCGP and these two images describe my day!
I had a much better start and felt great until we hit the mud again. It hardly felt like I was moving when I was not picking myself up. Yesterday I didn't fall once, today, at least 8-12 times, many just riding and then sliding on the ground. I even managed to ride into the tape that lines the course, but instead of breaking, it clothlined me off the bike. Both days featured a woods section that was all up hill and made of peanut butter, yesterday, I could run and push the bike, today on the first lap, so much mud collected on the bike, the wheels wouldn't turn. Now it was twice as heavy to carry...  finished 20th of the 40 plus finishers (I think 50ish started both days) but here is the funny thing. I was 2 minutes slower today but we did one less lap (13-15 minutes per lap) I guess I was right, I was hardly moving.

No comments: