Dec. 14, 2013





This weekend was the UCI North Carolina Grand Prix and featured the top pros in the US battling for championship points, including number one Jeremy Powers and number two Tim Johnson. We had some rain... OK a lot of rain! My race started just as the rain did at 9am, what is supposed to be a fast course became a muddy mess. I had a decent start and was riding in the top 15 until the 2nd lap when I did a two wheel sideways slide into a tree, I stayed upright but I lost all confidence going into every turn and lost 7 spots in the final two laps just on "the wall" I finished 23rd of the 40 something finishers, but again really thought I should have been higher. The rest of the day, I battled the rain, cold and inches deep mud that spectators created watching the other races. This is a video of the action:



No comments: