Feb. 8, 2014


Sam has a friend spend the night.


Top step today!



I was reading in Velonews an interview with American cyclist Andrew Talansky
(Garmin Sharp) and he was asked if it's fun racing in the TdF. He said racing is NEVER fun but rewarding.... that was how I felt today... it sucked, I was hurting, grasping for air, had second place (I didn't know who he was) on my tail for 7 laps, and I was ready to slow up and recover when I heard Phil Liggett say - "He's on the rivet" and I went for it, got a small gap as we headed into the final lap and then rode away for the win.... it hurt! It was not fun, but like Andrew said, rewarding! Even with the win, I am afraid next week will be tough to mentally prepare to suffer that much again.

Action Photos by Torrenti Cycles, Inc.

No comments: