Nov. 16, 2013



North Carolina state cyclocross championships today in Southern Pines. It was an interesting course that raced much better than it rode. Southern Pines is in the sand hills, so there was a lot of sand on the course, corners, pits, run ups.... I think the beach has less sand. The run up had a last step that was a reach for me, many had to place a knee on it to pull themselves up. As an added "European:" feel, the sprinklers came on in the middle of our race. My race was awesome. I started near the front and through the first 1/8 of the lap settled there in the top 15... the technical nature of the course allowed me to stay there through the whole race and I was 13th of the 50 plus starters, ratio wise, my best finish ever!

2 comments:

Wayne G. said...

Congratulations Jay!!

Wayne G. said...

Congratulations Jay!!