Oct. 7, 2012

Finally. The first cyclocross race of the year! At the SECCA in Winston-Salem. The weather (as discussed yesterday) was even cyclocross like. My day started off wrong, I ran some errands in the morning and fell behind, I figured the family wasn't interested, so I took off without warm cloths or race fueling... a quick stop at a grocery store solved one of the problems. The weather kept the field smaller than usual (only 30 or so Cat 4 and single speeders starting together)and I choose the third line, but suffered as a SS in front of me couldn't climb as fast as I was... I dabbed badly on the first root area cause I was off line in a crowd and fell back but then had a blast racing those around me. I was caught in the last lap by someone and decided he wasn't getting around me, and caught the guy in front of me, but started my sprint late.... I could have passed him if I was worried about behind me. Results still are not up, but I should be mid-pack.

No comments: