Oct. 18, 2012

Saying goodbye to Henry. The last if the original NC cats. When we lived in Fayetteville 14 years ago, one winter morning, Henry was a kitten and sleeping in a potted plant on our porch. My wife walked down to his owner's home and asked why it was outside and was told the cat's poop smelled bad (turns out Henry didn't do milk) and so it was not allowed in.... my wife asked if she could find it a new home and was told "sure".... my wife walked back to my house, picked up the cat, put it inside.... the search was over. Henry was unique cat, hated ceiling fans (really anything moving over him) and was "high maintenance" but a loving cat. PS he was not the only cat my wife "stole" from that neighbor!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

So sorry...Henry was an awesome cat and will be missed.

stephanie said...

those pictures are so sad and graphic...i do not like it...

Anonymous said...

Henry was well loved and much babied! A joy for so many years. I can see him and Trouble merrily romping in Cat Heaven with their orange fur waving in the breeze.

Deb said...

His fur did catch the light, and glitter like gold. He was self-confidence incarnate; thought that other cats' kills were brought home for him and that dogs were no match for him. He was there when I needed him and I shall miss him.
Thank you, Henry, Boo-Bear, Bourgeois Bear, Henri, Henry-the-Lion-Hearted for all you were and who you were. I love you