Oct. 31, 2010




Happy Halloween.
Today was also the New York State cyclocross championships.
I had another call up and started on the front row. I had a great start (it was a slow start) and after a long start on asphalt, I was third as we entered the first left hand turn. Second place cut wide right and came right across my front wheel (the course was wide enough, the guy was a Richard) and down I go on the asphalt, at the front of the field, I get back up in about 14th, and caught a few guys and got passed by a few for 17th on the day. It was a great course, with the one turn you see, the fast way was to grab the top tube with one hand and the tree with the other. As you slid on the mud, swing the bike around and let it's momentum pull you up the hill. Post race damage: bent derailleur or something, scratches on brand new pedals, road rash (luckily not bad) on my back, wrist and both legs.

No comments: