May 1, 2010



The Lodi Farms 12 Hour Mtn Bike race in Virginia. My first attempt at this type of racing. It was an interesting day. It was hot, over 90 degrees. The course was about 9.5 miles and VERY technical. Lots of roots, log crossings and twists. The plan was to start slow and go slower... that is what I did. I will have to wait to see the results later in the week, but I rode just over 10 hours, 65.75 miles, and finished my last lap just before 1:30A.M. Unlike any other kind of race I have done, at the end, I wasn't beat down, my muscles (not counting consistent cramping in my legs) were not sore, I was just gassed. Physically and mentally. Twice, sometime after midnight, I just rode into the brush because I forgot to turn the handlebars ; )
All in all a great time!

2 comments:

gwadzilla said...

Lodi Farms is an amazing grass roots race...

always a good time
never easy


I have raced duo
but not sure if I am looking to go solo
this year... I stayed conventional with three man single speed

not sure if I can do any more laps
today while napping I saw tight turns in front of me

Unknown said...

As I watched the duo racers FLY by me, I doubt I could race duo. Man they were strong! I was more amazed (as always) by the single speeders!
No way will I have teh quads for that. I agree, Lodi is a very laid back race, and I enjoyed being there!