Dec. 8, 2013



Back in action. A cold (34ish), rainy day. My race was the first of the day.  My plans changed after my awning wouldn't stay up, so I warmed up in the rain. By the time I lined up, everything I brought was soaking wet.

I didn't get a call up today, so I started in the second row, but behind fast guys, so I wasn't worried until they tangled and dabbed as the gun went off and racers went around us on both sides. After we got going, we sprinted up the grass hill and through the field. I figured we got back to 15th-ish before heading into the first muddy turns. A couple of guys laid down their bikes and I had to work around the pile ups and settled into the race. It was muddy and each lap the line changed as more riders went through.

I was passed a a couple riders and passed a couple until the middle of the next to last lap when I started a race with a "roadie," each straight, he would pull right up to me but I could out ride him in the technical and mud sections. I really put in some hard accelerations and took some risks to barely beat him!! 18th of the 42 finishers listed.  I was hoping for better, but the race featured some new guys from Virginia and they were fast!

PS my homemade embrocation worked...

No comments: