Nov. 17, 2013




Back to Southern Pines for day two. They changed the course and the fun parts of yesterday were changed, but we all had to ride it. I was warming up and looked over at the start line 25 minutes before the race and saw they were already lining up.... doh. So I started a little deeper in the field today and then had a near crash right in front of me as we turned and narrowed on the parking lot,  I had to nearly track stand to avoid going down, lost a few spots, but glad the rider in front of me saved it or else I would have plowed him.... I started picking off riders and moved into the top 15. I fell in almost the exact spot Nikki is falling in above, two riders fell right in front of me and as I changed my line, looked like her. I faded in the last 1/8 of the last lap, lost two positions to finish 17th.... and 6th in my age group. Again, a major move up for me. Good day!

No comments: