Oct. 19, 2013



The start of the North Carolina Cyclocross Series this weekend with racing both days. Today was Charlotte and a fun and technical course. The run up and sand pit were two highlights. (No pictures of me this week, traveling solo) I tried to race twice today. Race 1 - Masters 35+ Cat 4. I started well and felt good, lots of tight racing throughout the 60 plus racers that started. I finished 29th of the 51 finishers, lots of DNF's due to flats. They also break down the age groups - 35+ 45+ and 55+ I was 17th in my age group. Race 2 Open Cat 4 (young guys) - I had a great start and was running well for the first two laps, but my legs started cramping and my stomach was upset (no more milk based recovery drinks between races) so I just pulled off the course and took the DNF.  Save something for Sunday.

No comments: