Sept. 26, 2013


The last Thursday night SECCA/MOB cyclocross race went great tonight! I shaved another 47 seconds off my PR, so over the past month I have cut my time by 5 minutes on the same course and conditions. Now the real CX season starts!
Last night laps were: 7:22, 7:23, 7:42 (my Garmin fell off and I had to stop and get it), 7:10 The last lap was a tight battle for position. The great thing about Sam shooting each race was I really got to see my position on the bike. Over the month I changed:  
  1. Handlebars:  drop > short flat > wide with sweep 
  2. Gearing: 10sp > 9sp 12-34 >9sp 11-27  
  3. Saddle: Softer > harder/lighter and fore/aft (simple 3cm made my knees hurt) 
  4. Tires:  Maxxis > Michelin Mud 2 

I set Sam up for sunny pictures, so when she moved to the back of SECCA, she got to work on panning photos. ; )

No comments: