Sept. 29, 2013



On the way home, we stopped at a brand new cyclocross race (it's fall) called Rough-Cut Country CX in Summerfield, NC. It is also a brand new cut course and very twisty, tight and a ton of fun. Sam's picture of me at top shows my new socks for this year (matching)

My race report. Small field of 7 or 8 for my class and despite my legs feeling the hike yesterday, I decided to go hard from the start and fell into line in 4th and we pulled away from the field in about a half a lap, until my chain jumped up and onto large ring. But because I am running a short chain, it locked my drive train and I had to stop, pop the rear wheel off and reset everything. I was passed by my whole field and a couple from the field behind us. I was able to pick my way back through the field to finish 3rd. I can assure you, it will be my only podium this year, in two weeks start the 40-70 deep mass start races : 0

No comments: