April 6, 2013




Sam and I spent the day in Morrow Mountain State Park, kayaking, fishing and just putting around. We kayaked out to an island and had lunch and fished, we explored more on the kayak, fished the shore, etc. till dinner. On the way home we passed this sign in Troy, NC The odd thing was my mom, sister and I watched a show on Department Stores and their Christmas events in Detroit in the 40s and 50s. Mom told us how Belks when she grew up was Xxxxx-Belk. That is why I stopped for the sign, after some research, the Belk story is interesting and odd, many of it's stores were different partnerships including Hudson-Belk (the one my mom remembers I think) and I guess this one too.

This was the store the show was on:
http://historicdetroit.org/building/hudsons-department-store/

No comments: