Nov. 6, 2011






Selling the old friend. After a year of searching, losing bids, etc. I found my dream cyclocross bike. A Salsa Las Cruces for sale in Charlotte. The owner even met me halfway between us and included three sets of tires, including a brand new set of Michelin Mud 2s.
Due to running late, I arrived at today's race course but didn't get pre-ride the course... but I was still going to ride my new ride (even though I need a new larger cog set)
The bike was like new... I couldn't find one mark where it had been ridden off road. I am sure I did more damage to it today, than it had in it's whole life.
The frame is the same brand and material (Scandium) as my 29er which I love. The other part of "dream bike" is the disk brakes to slow me down!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You know the old saying - the only difference between men and boys is the price of their toys. Congrats on the new toy. Soooooo - now can I have a Christmas list? I'm sure it needs some accessory! A whistle? A bell? A basket for the handle bars? No list might = basket. :)

Deb said...

Paniers, that is what he needs, esp since he plans on commuting to work for added training time.