Feb. 19, 2011


The Blue Bomber leaves home. We owned her for over 10 years, she brought us on many family trips and several with just me and a daughter (both Steph and Sam). Some quick favorites:
- Deb and me driving through the woods in PA, in a rainstorn, neither of us could see the trail, climbing the hills and getting out well after dark.
- Steph and me going to the Coal Miner Cruiser Classic, her first real off-roading.
- Drive-in nights. It is real cold driving home topless (the truck) at 1am
Thanks for the memories!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sad to see it go -- I remember going to get it so you could come and get it.

Unknown said...

Another fun story. Deb left the clue that she was pregnant on the truck... While cleaning tonight, I found the card she gave me to go look at the truck for a surprise!

Deb said...

We each got a baby. I am sad to say good-bye. She was good to us and I know she is going to a good home, a motivated couple to bring her back to life, to travel, and laugh in her too! Thanks for the spirit!

Anonymous said...

and trying to teach stephanie how to drive standard :)

Unknown said...

Steph nearly put it in a creek once, after a softball game, she wanted to start it, and ran ahead. The low compression engine means it will start in gear... should have seen the fear in her eyes when I got there ; )

stephanie said...

umm, it was not a creek, it was a ditch. and i was scared because i believe that was the same night i almost hit the car next to me because i couldn't push the break in all the way.

Anonymous said...

Mixed feelings to see it go --- some sons seem to enjoy the looks of stark terror on their mother's face as they do donuts with her on board.